Fresh Raspberry and White Chocolate Muffins

The other day, we went berry picking at the amazing Turners Beach Berry Patch. It was such a great day, with an amazing little cafe heaps of local produce! For more pics and info, head over to KaylaLoves’ post about it.

We got just over a kilogram (2.2lbs) of mixed raspberries, strawberries, and blackberries for only $12 (£7.3GBP).

I decided that the raspberries would be perfect in a raspberry and white chocolate muffin, and set about finding a recipe. I discovered this brilliant recipe on Bake.Play.Smile.

Ingredients

• 265g (2 cups) self-raising flour
  • 170g (3/4 cup) caster sugar
  • 1 egg beaten
  • 50g (1/4 cup) vegetable oil
  • 240g (1 cup) milk
  • 125g raspberries, fresh or frozen
  • 100g white chocolate, chopped into chunks (or you could use white chocolate chips)

Method

1. Preheat oven to 200 degrees celsius (180 if using fan-forced).
  2. Line a 12 hole muffin tin with muffin cases.
  3. Sift the self raising flour into a large bowl.
  4. Add the sugar and stir together.
  5. Create a well in the centre of the dry mixture.
  6. In a separate bowl, whisk together the egg, oil and milk.
  7. Pour the liquid into the well and very gently fold the mixture together (the batter should be slightly lumpy – do not over-mix).
  8. Very gently fold through the raspberries and white chocolate chunks (do not over-mix).
  9. Spoon the mixture into the muffin cases (fill ⅔ to the top).
  10. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until lightly golden.
  11. Allow to cool in the baking tray for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.

These muffins came out brilliantly! The mix made exactly 12 muffins, using a ¼Cup to evenly spoon the mix into the muffin cases. I had to bake the muffins for a little bit longer than the 25 minutes at 200℃, but I think that may be because my oven is barely much more use than breathing hot air on food.

These are brilliant as a small dessert or a quick snack with and afternoon tea or coffee. I hope you enjoy them as much as I do.

Thanks for reading.

Be kind.

Jason
@tassiedad

More about tassiedad

13 thoughts on “Fresh Raspberry and White Chocolate Muffins

1. Fiona Cambouropoulos

Such a lovely combination, I think I’ve got to do some baking today after seeing this. #TwinklyTuesday

1. tassiedad

Enjoy! They are beyond delicious.

2. Chilli Regina

We love muffins and I’ve never done them with white chocolate before. It sounds like a good combination, so I’ll give it a go! Birthday coming up soon, so these might come in handy;) #TwinklyTuesday

1. tassiedad

Normally I’m not a huge white chocolate fan, but combined with the raspberries gives you a fresh, light flavour. Enjoy!

3. Janine

Oh these sound delicious. Chocolate, raspberries, cake! What’s not to love? Put the all together and I imagine you jave a little taste of heaven. Thanks for sharing this recipe. I can’t wait to try these. Im not a lover of baking but these sound and look totally worth it.

#twinklytuesdays

1. tassiedad

Even if you don’t know the first thing about baking, these are dead simple to make. Enjoy!

4. Zoe and Mia Lau

Love the combo! Will have to make a variation of this sometime 🙂 thanks for the inspiration!

xTwinklyTuesday

5. Ami Elizabeth

Oh my! These look delicious! I am going to give them a go when my maternity leave starts and I have some time on my hands.

6. PickingUpToys

Ooh these look yummy!I’m a big fan of muffins so I’m sure I’d enjoy these, I don’t think I’ve ever tried white chocolate ones. #wineandboobs

7. Crummy Mummy

We grow raspberries on our allotment so I might try this out! #twinklytuesday

8. Kayla Arnold

These are so good!! You can make them whenever you want!! x #twinklytuesday
    Kayla Arnold recently posted…BLACKBERRY AND OAT MINI LOAVESMy Profile

9. Lisa (mummascribbles)

Oh man these look amazing. It’s one of my favourite combinations. Definitely saving this recipe! Thanks for linking up with #TwinklyTuesday

10. Susie at This Is Me Now

These look great. My best cakes use oil rather than butter I find. #FoodieFriday x